Friday, September 1, 2017

Monologue

I have a younger cousin, Tina.  She is my cousin, is my friends, and she is also my enemy.  We studied in the same class of the school since we were 3.  Our parents unconsciously would love to put us in a competition, and I am always the loser, so I hated her, and I was jealous of her in my childhood.

Remember one day in the primary school, I was sitting in the chair and staring at her, my cousin.  She was putting the class in order.  Looking up at her face full of confidence, I was so pissed off her everything.  Teachers always praise her in class; Classmates' parents could ignore me and talk to her in appreciations when we walk together; my parents always criticize that I am not good as my cousin...

"Grace, you should follow my order."  My cousin asked me to go somewhere when I was complaining in my heart.  Then, I totally got mad.  I did not answer her and continued staring at her in silence with my anger.  "I say again, you have to get up" my cousin reminded me, and the silence was the only answer.  "Grace... Grace!"  Seeing me did not do anything, my cousin came to me and wanted to drag me out of the classroom.

Then, we got into a fight.  I pushed her away, and she hit the desk.  She wanted to drag the collar, so I bit her hand.  She cried, and it made me realize what the horrible thing I did and what an envy heart I had, so I cried even louder than my cousin with regret.  I cried so loud that my cousin had to comfort me.  Other classmates saw everything and it made us awkward afterward.  We are cousins, even though we really got into too many fights, even though my cousin told me she used to enjoy seeing me get punished by my parents, even though I used to hate her, we know each other the best and we are the closest person to each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment