Thursday, September 6, 2018

Theater in my mind


In my opinion, theater is another form of literature.  It is more visual.  The setting is set in front of people, actors standing on the stage with light on.  There might be music, but whatever element is added to the stage, they can never take place of the story that is told.  It is great for audience to define the literature with more clear figure, but it is also disadvantaged for audience to define a literature.  Some theater is created from nowhere, but for some theaters, which are adaptations of literatures, they limit audience's imagination to the story.  I think the reason of people like theater is the same reason of people like reading books: people want to know the other people's lives from different country, different social level, different time period, or different world, so that they can broad their views.  The biggest difference between watching theaters and reading books is that theater is easier for people to understand.  It show everything in front of your eyes, so there is no need for people to imagine, such as the character's face or setting. 

I love participating in theater because I not only want to sit in the audience feeling the characters' feelings, but also want to process the feeling from the beginning to the end from characters' perspectives.  I can be them; I am them;  I can experience different lives on the stage, have different attitude of lives and have opposite personalities from real me.  Therefore, it is really important for me to throw myself away.  I should read script and look into the story before I play the role.  Then, after analyzing the role I play, I should think and act in his/her/its way.  Being like the character is my goal.  However, it is still a challenge for me to reach the goal because of the accent and gestures.  The fun part of acting is also taking this challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment