Thursday, March 29, 2018

Haiku from Internet

Tyehimba Jess

1.
My eyes: buried deep
Beneath earth's skin. my vision
Begins in her womb.

2.
pentatonic black
keys raise up high into bliss,
born to sing my name

The two poems are both from Tyehimba Jess.  I think these two are good because they pictured the abstract feelings to me.  For the first one, the poem is quite simple.  It is using [i] sound in Beneath, Deep, Skin, In.  The author depicted earth as a mother who is raising us patiently.  The poem can be used in the support of the environment.  The second poem gets my interest.  The black notes are less than the white note, and most leading tones come from the black note, so when I see the black keys, I can even hear the sound which it is dramatic and the sound is almost getting there, which is like a person is going to speak out your name.  It is vivid.  I think the good haiku poem should be rhyming, and it can bring a people a feeling or a thought.  It does not have to depict a scene or tell a story, but it should bring an enjoyment to the readers.  Secondly, haiku is good to be simple and bit repetitive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment