Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Poetry Reflection

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLMCp4LnA3A

Compare to the first draft, I added some movement and change some lines to emphasize an emotion.  However, in general, the final draft is little bit lack of facial expression.  For my performance, the most difficult part is to match the music with the poetry.  The reason is that I choose a short music that it has its own climax and dynamics.  I can end the performance with the music end if I perfectly match the time.  I match good on the first draft, but on the final draft, I did not match the music that correctly.

It is an interesting topic of changing lines.  The poetry has so many metaphors.  When I first read the poem a few times, I did not know the meaning of the poetry.  After so many times of reading, I can somehow understand the poem in different perspectives.  This poem begins with a question and ends with the same sentence as a statement.  In my understanding, what the poem wants to tell is that it is better to face and admit your difference that it may not follow the other's value than living in a life that is afraid of others' judgment. I found it is difficult to understand if the poem has so many metaphors.  Therefore, I change the last few metaphors.  "You need to know.  I want you to know we need not dissemble our darkness." These are the changes.  I believe they can also deliver my expression easily.  You need to know because I want you to know.  I am anxious because I desire to let you know that you can not disagree one thought or one behavior just because it is not common.  I think it is easier to feel the anxiety and a desire to be understood.


No comments:

Post a Comment