Monday, April 29, 2019

poem reading

I felt a Funeral, in my Brain, (340)

I felt a Funeral, in my Brain,And Mourners to and froKept treading - treading - till it seemedThat Sense was breaking through -

And when they all were seated,A Service, like a Drum -Kept beating - beating - till I thoughtMy mind was going numb -

And then I heard them lift a Box

And creak across my SoulWith those same Boots of Lead, again,Then Space - began to toll,

As all the Heavens were a Bell,And Being, but an Ear,And I, and Silence, some strange Race,Wrecked, solitary, here -

And then a Plank in Reason, broke,And I dropped down, and down -And hit a World, at every plunge,And Finished knowing - then -

To and Fro: Come and Go
       Life is more than the pictures we see and the knowledge we know.  What we received from the world is twisting into chaos in our mind.  The strong beat and cracking noises are like a crazy violent idea disturbing our sense, and suddenly the sounds and noise can disappear one second after, leaving your mind as quiet as the night in a cemetery.  Therefore, life is jumping between mania and solitude.

I’m Nobody! Who are you? (260)

I’m Nobody! Who are you?Are you – Nobody – too?Then there’s a pair of us!Don’t tell! they’d advertise – you know! How dreary – to be – Somebody!How public – like a Frog –
To tell one’s name – the livelong June –   To an admiring Bog! 

       I like being nobody than somebody.  I'd rather being nothing than the something that they ask me to be.  Actually, even though I'm nobody, they will find a way to advertise me and let me be somebody.  Even though I am clearly somebody in the audience' eyes, I am nobody, or I have part of nobody in my body.

Because I could not stop for Death – (479)

Because I could not stop for Death
He kindly stopped for me –The Carriage held but just Ourselves –And Immortality.

We slowly drove – He knew no haste
And I had put away
My labor and my leisure too,For His Civility –

We passed the School, where Children strove

At Recess – in the Ring –We passed the Fields of Gazing Grain –We passed the Setting Sun –

Or rather – He passed Us –

The Dews drew quivering and Chill –For only Gossamer, my Gown –My Tippet – only Tulle –

We paused before a House that seemed

A Swelling of the Ground –The Roof was scarcely visible –The Cornice – in the Ground –

Since then – 'tis Centuries – and yet

Feels shorter than the DayI first surmised the Horses' HeadsWere toward Eternity –

       Death can be the word that is not always described with gloom.  Death can be an eternity.  It is like a path of going to eternity.  When you on the road, you can see the school, children, grain fields, setting sun, and everything you did and everyone you loved.  It is a beautiful trip, and then you should be satisfied and rested in peace.

Tell all the truth but tell it slant — (1263)

Tell all the truth but tell it slant —Success in Circuit liesToo bright for our infirm DelightThe Truth's superb surpriseAs Lightning to the Children easedWith explanation kindThe Truth must dazzle graduallyOr every man be blind —

       The truth can not be told directly, and it should let the humankind to take time to process it, because people are too fragile to receive all the truth. (the truth dazzles).  





No comments:

Post a Comment